It’s really tough to choose between hundreds of cake types and cupcakes. It’s also hard to make a cake which has many layers. Well, today we’ve bring a recipe that is easy to make and is really tasty! When someone special (close to you) has a birthday, it’s your duty to celebrate the day by doing special things, making some good dishes for them. Today, we will talk about Chocolate Cheesecake Bars that are easy to make.
Let’s start making these delicious bars.
1) Stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs & melted butter.
2) Press into the bottom of the prepared 9×13 inch pan.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Then it’s time to make the cheesecake layer. Just make sure here that all your ingredients are room temperature before getting started, and then we’re good to go.
1) First we beat the cream cheese until well softened.
2) Then mix in the sugar, melted dark chocolate, vanilla extract & a tablespoon of cornstarch. (The cornstarch helps minimize cracking)
3) Then stir in the sour cream.
4) And finally, mix in the eggs one at a time.
Be careful and do not overmix the cheesecake layer. Otherwise too much air gets in the batter, and it can cause the cheesecake to sink and crack as it bakes.
If you have a roasting pan that’s big enough for your 9×13 inch pan to fit inside it, you can bake the cheesecake using the waterbath method described in the recipe instructions below. Otherwise, you can bake it at 300F instead for about 40-45 minutes. I have all the instructions listed in the recipe notes.
How Long it takes?
Prep Time : 20 mins, Cook Time : 40 mins, Total Time : 1 hrs
These chocolate cheesecake bars are the smoothest, creamiest chocolate cheesecake recipe out there. Then with an oreo crust, whipped cream & berries – go wrong with this easy cheesecake recipe
Servings: 18 pieces
Calories: 412 kcal
2 1/4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
24 oz cream cheese , softened to room temperature
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
8 oz dark chocolate , 50-70%
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 cup sour cream
5 large eggs room temperature
1) Preheat the oven to 350F degrees*
2) Line a glass 9×13 inch baking pan with aluminium foil and lightly grease.
3) Make the crust. In a medium bowl stir together the Oreo crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
4) Make the filling. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until soft using an electric mixer. Then beat in the sugar, dark chocolate, vanilla & cornstarch
5) Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
6) With the miser on low speed beat in the sour cream, followed by the eggs 1 at a time. Be careful not to overmix.
7) Pour the batter into the pan over top of the crust.
8) Place the 9×13 inch cheesecake inside a large roasting pan, then pour about 0.5 -1 inch of hot water into the roasting pan. (Or see the recipe notes if not using the water bath method).
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the top looks almost set in the middle and the cheesecake has a slight wobble.
10) Allow the cheesecake to cool in the water bath until the water is lukewarm. Then remove the cheesecake pan from the roasting pan, cover, and let chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
11) Serve with whipped cream & fresh berries, or chocolate sauce.
*If not using the water bath method, preheat the oven to 325F degrees. When ready to bake, place the cheesecake on the middle oven rack and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is almost set and there’s a little wobble in the middle.